Artist Trading Cards
Artist Trading Cards Call for Artists
MAKE – TRADE – COLLECT – CONNECT
Do you feel disconnected and want to meet and learn about more artists? Do you want to see the work of more artists and own more artwork? Do you want to participate in an arts community? Welcome to artist trading cards! This is a way you can trade your artwork for mini-versions of other artists’ artwork for your collection while making contacts in the art community!
Want to participate? It’s free!
1. Make 9 artist trading cards
- Each card must be 2.5″x3.5″ (64 mm × 89 mm).
- Cards should be original artwork made by you, please no digital prints of works.
- Cards can be in any handmade medium, including painting, drawing, ink, cut paper, collage, mixed-media, textiles/cloth, photography, etc. but must have some element of handmade on them (some parts can be digital, but not the entire thing please).
- Cards can be all the same or all different, or any combination of the two.
- Cards must be two-dimensional enough to fit into a standard plastic sleeve used for baseball or collector’s cards.
2. Include your name and email and/or website on the back of each card (print it or write legibly!)
3. Put the 9 cards in a plastic baseball card sleeve (it has one slot for each of the 9 cards, find them at hobby stores like Michaels or Joann’s, or include $1 USD wrapped in a sheet of paper and I will provide one for you on return).
4. Include a 2.5”x 3.5” sheet of paper with your name, address, and contact information and place in one of the pockets
5. Include a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope with enough postage to return your cards to you). I cannot return new artist cards to you if I don’t get a SASE with the proper postage!
- Envelope needs to be at least 6″x9″ (or the size of a folded regular sheet of paper–regular letter-sized envelopes are too small).
- Postage needs to be enough to mail your cards back to you, so one regular letter stamp is not enough.
- Put your address as the return address too–this is very important so that if the amount of postage is incorrect, it will still arrive at your door (but perhaps with postage due).
- International candidates need to provide either an international mail voucher for return shipping, US postage stamps for return shipping, or enclose US dollars of $3 for return postage (please do not use foreign stamps or enclose foreign currency or I will not be able to ship your cards back to you).
Mail your 9 cards, contact information, plus your SASE to:
Artist Trading Cards
c/o Jennifer Hines
2744 N Mozart St
Chicago, IL 60647
Please note this is a new updated address!
Summer Deadline: June 30, 2013.
This is an ongoing project and there is no fee to participate. After the deadline, you will receive 9 new cards by other artists for your collection. Feel free to contact them about their work! And participate as many times as you like!
I will do two age groups: one for artists 18 and over, and one for children under 18. Each group will be traded within the same group (so adult artists trade with other adult artists and children trade with other children). Please let me know if you are submitting for the children’s group and I will facilitate an exchange with other children from the group if possible.
For more information, contact Jennifer Hines at jennifer at jenniferhines dot net.
Check out the flickr page to see images of the cards: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenniferhines/
Participate! Spread the word!